First, the sound got off in the video and I have no clue how to fix it, or the time to figure it out. So sorry. I know it’s not cool to watch a video when the sound doesn’t sync with the mouths.
- We MUST eat spiritually to live spiritually just as we must eat physically to live physically.
- According as the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, he also who is eating me, even that one shall live because of me. John 6:57 Young’s Literal Translation
- Jesus Himself tells us in John 6 that He is the true food and that we live by eating Him.
- Just because you don’t have a desire to participate in religious prayer or fasting, bible study or teaching, or modern “worship” doesn’t mean your spiritual appetite is waning. It could be that your true spiritual appetite is coming through and those religious practices are no longer enough. This is a good thing.
- Sometimes, though, our spiritual appetite wanes (not because of difficulties – I discuss that here) and one way to help is to try something new.
Some ideas for new ways to eat and drink the Lord:
- A Walk with God
- New Experiences With the Lord
- Date With the All in All
- Locked in a Box
- Creating with the Creator
- Tell Me About It
- Seeing Christ in the Courtyard
- Your Favorite Meals
What have you found that helps when your spiritual appetite is waning? What are some of your favorite “utensils” right now to eat and drink of the Lord? A gazillion points to the person who knows what movie we are referencing with “fiber, fiber, fiber – sugar, sugar, sugar”.