I did not do a good job of taking pictures this week. Sorry. This will be mostly just lots of words.
Breakfast was: Baked Oatmeal. Dark chocolate peanut butter (I promise I’ll post this recipe soon. I’m trying to tweak it for a friend so that you don’t really taste the banana), blueberry coconut, and banana chocolate chip.
Sat: Taco Bell
Sun: Eggs and Toast
Mon: Mac-n-cheese and Broccoli
Tues: Tuna Salad and Peppers
Wed: Turkey Sammies and Carrots
Thurs: Egg Wraps (with spinach tortillas) and Grape Tomatoes
Fri: Bean Burritos
Sat: Leftovers / Sammies
Snack was: fruit, popcorn, triscuits, almonds, and smoothies.
Sat: Grilled Pork Chops, Roasted Veggies, and Whole Wheat Garlic Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits (Even better than Red Lobster’s!! Recipe below – make these now!)
Mon: Hamburgers on the grill with chips (We like Lays lightly salted)
Tues: Pizza (from Austin’s Pizza – I wasn’t up for cooking.)
Wed: Grilled Sausage and Potatoes and Veggies (I just wash and dice the potatoes and put them in my greased cake pan and then pour my frozen mixed veggies on top. Then I slice up half a stick of butter and lay the slices on top and salt and pepper everything. Then I cover with foil and bake at 400* until everything is tender. So easy. So yummy.) I cut the sausage into 3in. pieces and RC grilled them all up. We each had 3-4 pieces.
Thurs: Black Beans (I use this Slow Cooker recipe that doesn’t require soaking overnight. Also, I leave out the bay leaf and I buy frozen onion already diced) and Cornbread.
Fri: Buttermilk Chicken and Mashed Potatoes
Sat: Black Bean Enchiladas
The kids are rarely asking for dessert now, but will occasionally eat some fruit later in the evening. The grocery bill was under $130. I can’t remember exactly and didn’t keep the receipt. This didn’t include the pizza we had delivered, but it does include the extra sausage RC picked up for me after we invited a guest for dinner.
Whole Wheat Garlic Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits
1 c. Buttermilk
8 tbsp. Butter
2 c. Whole wheat flour (I use King Arthur flour)
½ tsp. Baking soda
2 tsp. Baking powder
2 tsp. Garlic powder
1 tsp. Salt
⅓ c. Mozzarella
⅓ c. Parmesan
⅓ c. Cheddar
- Measure out the buttermilk into a glass measuring cup and place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. You want the buttermilk really cold.
- Melt the stick of butter in a microwavable bowl until just melted. Leave on counter to cool.
- Measure the dry ingredients (minus the cheese) into a bowl together and stir.
- Take melted butter and pour into the buttermilk. Stir together as little granules form. Now pour into dry ingredients and combine until all is wet. (This is a wet dough.)
- Now stir in cheeses just until combined.
- Drop large spoonfuls onto greased or lined baking sheet. Bake at 450* for 8-12 minutes.
Yield 8-12 depending on size. I always make 12 so that we can each have 2.